Wednesday, August 17, 2016
What will be happened in industrial-scale bioleaching?
What shall be taken into account when starting big-scale bioleaching? Some ideas:
1. A successive set of bioleaching pilots (with increasing size).
2. Transport of gases (O2, CO2).
3. Nutrients (P, N etc.).
5. Risk of re-building metal sulfides.
6. Microbial reduction of sulfate (see point 5.)
7. Chemical inhibition of sulfide-oxidizing metabolism.
8. Efficiency of Fe3+ to dissolute nickel.
9. Continuous control of microbial activities.
These are the basic issues. There may be more of them.
Coming back soon...